These little bunnies, about 6 days old, were attacked by a dog and orphaned. Two out of the litter of five did not survive, and these three were not doing very well.
Enter Noah-the non-releasable, one-legged homing pigeon/rock dove that we have here in rehab.
Noah kept going over to the bunny cage and looking in-even sleeping in front of the door to the cage. Then, 2 days ago, I only counted 2 bunnies in the cage, so I hurriedly picked Noah up from the front of the cage so I could look inside. And to my surprise-there was the tiny bunny-under Noah’s wing-sound asleep!
The bunny had crawled through the cage-preferring a featherbed, no doubt. Now, they are all together, and the bunnies are doing GREAT. When the bunnies scoot underneath Noah’s feathers, he extends his wings out to surround them-and they snuggle. When one of them moves and they start sticking out here and there, he gently pushes them back under him with his beak!
How wonderful it is to have a full-time soft-feathered nurturer here at the rescue ranch! He cuddles with all the babies as they snuggle under his warm feathers…and he “coos” as if singing them to sleep with a lullaby.
holy shit i’m crying
That is so precious!
my therapist taught me to start thinking of my anxiety as my panicky friend
this is so cute omg
Woah this is super useful!!
For all my anxious friends out there.
This totally works! Some of us get stuck in the sense that we *are* our emotions, so they overwhelm us and we can’t do anything about them. When you give your emotion an identity separate from you, it gives you the distance to make better judgments about it, and to comfort yourself better. 10/10 therapy veterans would recommend.
Needed this today.
does this work with anger and tempers in the same way because I need it
Every time this post comes around, I have to explain this.
Watch Dennou Coil, the most underrated anime pretty much ever.
- Yes, this is the standard of animation throughout the series.
- AND THIS IS A FILLER EPISODE.
- It’s basically about kids with what’s essentially Google Glass: The Game. The whole world is affected by this game. Traffic lights, school, anything.
- It’s good in the beginning and gets really, really good by the end.
- Shows the vulnerabilities of children.
- Well-written children in general. They fall under some tropes but they don’t suffer from the usual fallacies of writing children into series.
- And yeah, the filler episodes are really good. The whole series is worth watching.
Reblogging as a reminder to myself
wish this show was longer.
PLEASE WATCH DENNOU COIL IT’S REALLY COOL!!!!!